George Foreman Grill Cooking Times & Temperatures Settings – Complete Guide 2022
If you love healthy foods and grilling times parties, then it is crucial to consider investing in top quality grill to make your cooking time and eating experience more enjoyable and worthwhile. A versatile and reliable grill such as George Foreman would help you ensure that you’ll have a great cooking times sharing good food and memorable gatherings with loved ones and friends.
This post would give you valuable information when buying the right grill for you. And, you would also learn more on how to manage George Foreman Grill Cooking Times & Temperatures Settings; so continue reading the rest of this article.
What Makes George Foreman Grills Quite Popular?
George Foreman grills are regarded as one of the top-rated picks mainly because these are designed to be more versatile, a piece of cake to use and are definitely great addition to your kitchen particularly for anyone who are just starting out. As a matter of fact, whether you invest in the latest model or use the older versions, you would uncover for yourself how straightforward they really are to operate.
Indeed, these are popular options of today since they are built to have the capability to cook through direct contact with the food. Basically, what makes them more prominent as compared to other competitors is that they are adept at cooking the food from top and bottom synchronously. Evidently, this significantly aids in reducing cooking times.
Also, these can offer users with a number of perks. Unlike other grills options, there is no need to flip at all for the heating function of this grill is always balanced. It is built with slanted grill plates that are meant to get rid of the fat during the cooking process. Moreover, the fats won’t in any way build up on the grill itself. So, that means the grill is not laborious to clean and maintain.
Top 3 Best George Foreman Grill Reviews
George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press
✔ Can guarantee 35% speedier heat up
✔ Easy to clean and maintain
✔ Comes with removable plates that are dishwasher safe
✔ Exquisite indoor grill for a small group of people
✔ Cost-effective option for those with limited budget
✘ Non-stick coating tends to flake off quite faster than expected
✘ Grease instantly accumulate on the underside of the plates which are a little challenging
If you prefer a grill that offers you plenty of time to enjoy good food but does not require time-consuming grilling times or cooking times, then this model could give you that. This is ideal for small bbq parties and can already serve a very small group of people for its compact size.
What is more, you’ll love the fact that this grill is designed with easy-to-remove plates that are also dishwasher safe. You could grill a couple of frozen patties, veggies, meat or fish steaks at the same time; the grill does not take up much space to wherever you decide to place it and it is reliable when it comes to a faster and evenly grilling times.
However, a couple of drawbacks that must be looked into if you plan to buy this version are the non-stick coating that seems very prone to instantly flaking off than advertised and the grease tends to build up on the lower side of the plates that make them tedious to tidy up. Luckily, with proper care and maintenance, these minor issues can be avoided.
In a nutshell, what makes this grill a standout among other options are its ability to grill faster, ease of operation, cleaning and maintenance. It is also priced affordably and designed to be portable which makes it ideal for small living spaces. It cooks evenly with less time so you could certainly enjoy sumptuous foods with family members or close buddies anytime you feel like it.
George Foreman 5-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press
✔ Can accommodate a total of 5 servings
✔ Comes with a drip tray that is dishwasher-safe
✔ Designed with premium ceramic coating
✔ Straightforward to operate and clean up
✔ Built with fat-eliminating slope
✘ Very small grilling surface
✘ Extremely short power cord
If you are going to observe closely, you will see that this grill is built with superb ceramic coating that sets it apart from other available options out there. This makes it quite sturdy, fade and stain-proof and does not contain any PFOA and PTFE. Its removable plates are plain sailing to clean up after use and makes them all set for your next meal.
By the same token, this is equipped with fat-eliminating slope that works like a charm in getting rid of 42% fat from meats. This way, you are guaranteed that your meat ends up tastier and leaner to consume. The grill is crafted with cool-touch plastic grips that make them more convenient and safe to handle.
Still and all, two factors that you need to be watchful of if you are eyeing to purchase this model are its every small grilling surface that makes it difficult to grill more food at the same time and it would have been better if the power cord is designed to be a little longer.
On the whole, this grill is second to none when it comes to heating up quite faster and it is superior at cooking times comparably quickly than other models. If you are diet-conscious, then this is a practical way of cooking times for healthy meat and other types of foods.
Take in mind that this seems to be a bit hot for veggies but it is absolutely ideal for cooking times of meat. It is slightly costly than other versions but this is understandable considering its many well-improved features and functions.
George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
✔ Equipped with outdoor or indoor grill stand that’s removable
✔ Can cater to a total of more than 15 servings
✔ Highly acclaimed for its easy-to-modify temperature
✔ Built with incredibly durable and easy to tidy non-stick coating design
✔ Does not require the use of propane, charcoal and guaranteed no flare ups
✘ Circular design consumes more space than needed
✘ Stand seems to be weak and wobbly
Are you in search of an indoor grill / outdoor grill that is reliable during cooking times incredibly well, easy to clean and can grill food without the need to consume more time and use gas? Then, this version is highly recommended for your requirements. This is large enough for a small family meal and unlike other indoor grill / outdoor grill this does not smoke up.
Fundamentally, this comes with very dependable thermostat that makes it stellar at heating up more immediately. It is well-built and appears to be Teflon coated. There is no need to worry about food sticking to it and it is a very economical option in that its fully electric system provides premium quality grilling without the need to spend more on propane, charcoal and no need to worry about flare ups as well.
For all that, a few defects that can be encountered with this indoor grill / outdoor grill are its frail and wobbly stand that makes it unreliable and its circular design is a little annoying because it takes up huge space.
On the button, this is one of the best grills for those residing in apartments. The best thing about it is that there is no gas to deal with, it heats up in no time and cooks food thoroughly in a way that it keeps everything juicy and moist. And, it grills great even if it is cold outside and it is unnecessary to leave the lid on when grilling to hold the heat. This is perfect if you opt for large cooking area.
George Foreman Grill Cooking Times & Temperatures Chart for Fish & Meat
|Food/Dish||Cooking Time||Variable Temperature||Digital Temperature||Internal Food Temperature||Thickness|
|Turkey Burger||4 minutes to 6 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||165 °F||¾ inch thick|
|Hot dogs & Sausages||3 minutes to 4 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||140 °F||–|
|Burguers (Ground Beef Patties)||6 minutes to 8 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||160 °F||Approximately 1/2 inch thick|
|Hamburger Patties||4 minutes to 5 minutes||High||400 °F||160 °F||¾ inch thick|
|Chicken Breast||9 minutes to 11 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||165 °F||¾ inch thick|
|4 minutes to 6 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||145 °F||¾-inch thick|
|Lean / Boneless Steak||7 minutes to 8 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||145 °F for Medium Rare||¾ inch thick|
|Turkey Bacon||5 minutes to 6 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||Cook till crisp||–|
|Pork Cutlet||4 minutes to 5 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||145 °F||¾ inch thick|
|Pork Tenderloin||8 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||145 °F||From 1/2 inch to 1 inch thick|
|Ham Steak||4 to 5 minutes with pre-cook or|
|Med-High||375 °F||145 °F||From 1/2 to 1 inch thick. Precook the ham steak before grilling times|
|Bacon||7 minutes to 8 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||Cook till crisp||–|
|Fish Fillets||2 minutes to 3 minutes||Med-Low||350 °F||145 °F||Approximately 1/2 inch thick|
|Fish Steaks||2 minutes to 3 minutes||Med-Low||350 °F||145 °F|| From 1/2 inch to 1 inch thick |
(swordfish, tuna & salmon)
|Red fish||6 minutes to 7 minutes||Med-Low||350 °F||145 °F||–|
|White fish||5 minutes to 7 minutes||Med-Low||350 °F||145 °F||–|
George Foreman Grill Cooking Times & Temperatures Chart for Vegetables and Fruits
|Food||Time||Variable Temperature||Digital Temperature||Internal Food Temperature||Extra Notes|
|New Potatoes||Precook the potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes, then grill it for 5 to 6 minutes until browned.||Med-High||375 °F||Till fork tender||–|
|Zucchini / Summer Squash||3 to 4 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||Till fork tender||slice 1/2 to 1 inch thick.|
|Leeks||2 to 3 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||Till warmed through||–|
|Onion||6 to 7 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||Till softened||½ inch thick rings|
|Mushrooms||3 to 4 minutes||Med-High||350 °F||Till warmed through||slice 1/2 inch thick|
|Asparagus||4 to 6 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||Till fork tender||–|
|Tomatoes||1 to 2 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||Till softened||Chop into 1 inch thick slices.|
|Eggplant||4 to 5 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||Till warmed through||Slice 1/2 to 1 inch thick.|
|Bell Peppers||6 to 7 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||Till fork tender||Preheat your Foreman Grill.|
|Banana Slices||3 to 4 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||Till warmed through||slice 1/2 inch thick.|
|Pineapple||3 to 4 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||Till warmed through||–|
George Foreman Grill Cooking Times & Temperatures Chart for Other Recipes
|FOOD||Time||Variable Temperature||Digital Temperature||Internal Food Temperature|
|Panini||4 to 5 minutes||Med-Low||350 °F||Till heated through|
|Grilled Cheese||2 to 3 minutes||Med-Low||375 °F||Till cheese melted|
|Shrimp||3 to 4 minutes||Med-High||375 °F||145 °F|
George Foreman Grill Recipes
Easy Grilled Pork Chops
- Brush the pork chops with EVOO on both sides. Season the pork all over with salt and pepper. Set the pork chops aside while you preheat the grill. Additional seasonings of your choice can be added at this point.
- Preheat your George Foreman Grill for at least 5 minutes on high. Grill the pork chops with the top closed for 4 minutes. Check the temperature with a meat thermometer inserted into the center. You are looking for a minimum internal temperature of 145°F for medium rare and up to 160°F for well done. Continue to grill if necessary.
- Remove the pork chops to a cutting board or plate and rest it for 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite sides. Suggestions follow the recipes.
Healthy Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe
Mix all ingredients except chicken breasts well in a ziplock bag. Add chicken and make sure chicken is well coated. Let marinate in fridge for at least a 1/2 hour if possible.
Preheat your George Foreman Grill for at least 5 minutes with the lid closed. Place chicken on preheated grill and close lid. Grill for approximately 5 minutes. Check for doneness. Make sure there is NO pink in the middle.
Serve with steamed vegetables for a delicious and healthy meal.
Grilled Whole Pork Loin with Honey Mustard Marinade Recipe
*If you are using solid, raw honey, just give it a quick melt before mixing with the other ingredients.
- Trim your pork loin or pork tenderloin by removing the excess fat cap. Trim the pork tenderloin of the silver skin. Check out this video for removing the silver skin. Place the pork in a large sealable plastic bag. Place the bag into a baking dish to catch any spills after the marinade is added.
- Whisk together the 6 marinade ingredients in a bowl and pour the mixture over the pork in the bag. Seal this well and massage so that the pork is entirely covered with the marinade. Place the dish with the bagged pork in the refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours.
- Remove the pork from the refrigerator and allow it to come almost to room temperature, approximately 30 minutes.
- Preheat your Indoor Grill/Outdoor Grill to setting 4.
- While the grill is heating up, remove the pork from the bag and discard the marinade. You don’t want to use it because of the raw pork juices.
- Place a wad of paper towel in your grill tongs and dampen it with EVOO. Rub the grill plate surface with the oil soaked towel. Place the pork on the grill and close the lid. 6.1 If using a pork loin roast, grill for up to 40 minutes, turning over at 20 minutes. Test the temperature at 20 minutes and every 10 minutes after that. You are looking for an internal temperature of 155 to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
– 6.1 If using a pork loin roast, grill for up to 40 minutes, turning over at 20 minutes. Test the temperature at 20 minutes and every 10 minutes after that. You are looking for an internal temperature of 155 to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
– 6.2 If using pork tenderloin, grill for up to 20 minutes, rotating a quarter turn every 5 minutes to make sure all sides are evenly browned. Test the internal temperature at 12 minutes and every 4 minutes after that. With tenderloin you are looking for approximately 150 to 160 degrees Fahrenheit, depending on how pink you enjoy this very lean cut.
7. Remove the pork to a cutting board. Tent with aluminum foil and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Grill your vegetables and fruit while the pork is resting (see notes in the introduction). You can also make a sauce for the pork by whisking together 1/4 cup of mustard with 1/4 cup of honey and 1 TBS of white wine to thin it out.
8. Slice the pork into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices and serve with the apples, cabbage, and honey mustard sauce.
Easy Grilled Chicken Breast with Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper
- If the skinless boneless chicken breast are thicker than 3/4 inch, place them on a cutting board that is lined with plastic wrap. Add another piece of wrap on top of the breasts. Pound the breasts to 1/2 to 3/4 inch thin. Coat the breasts generously with EVOO on both sides. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside while you prepare the grill.
- Preheat your Foreman grill on high for approximately 5 minutes.
- Place the skinless boneless chicken breast on the grill and close the top. Grill for 4 minutes to 5 minutes or until juices run clear. Check with a meat thermometer. You are looking for an internal temperature of at least 165°F.
- Remove the skinless boneless chicken breasts to a platter and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite grain side dish and vegetables. I recommend fluffy quinoa or cous cous and grilled asparagus.
Herb Rubbed Grilled Lamb Loin Chops
- Remove the lamb chops from the refrigerator and arrange on a platter. In a small bowl combine the oil, herbs, oil, salt and, pepper. Rub all sides of the lamb chops with the oil and herb mixture. Set the platter aside to allow the lamb to come to room temperature – approximately 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill for a few minutes until it is hot. Place the lamb chops on the grill, as many as will fit, and close the lid. Make sure your drip tray is in place. Grill for 6 minutes. Flip the chops over, close the lid, and grill for another 6 minutes.
- Check the internal temperature of the lamb with a meat thermometer. It should read 145°F for medium rare. Remove the lamb chops to a clean platter or cutting board and season lightly with salt. Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- While the lamb is resting grill the pita bread just enough to get some char marks on both sides of each piece. You can cut these into 4 triangles or wedges, as you would a pizza. Serve the lamb chops with the cucumber salad and pita.
Grilled Ham Steak
In a small bowl combine mustard, honey and orange peel.
Brush over one side of ham steak.
Grill uncovered over medium hot coals for 5 minutes to 7 minutes.
Turn; brush other side.
Cook for additional 4 minutes to 6 minutes.
Easy Herbed Grilled Salmon
- In a small bowl, whisk together the EVOO, herbs, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Rinse the salmon fish steaks under cold water and pat it dry with paper towels. Place the fish fillets on a large plate and coat both sides with the oil and herb mixture. Set the salmon aside while you preheat your George Foreman contact grill.
- Preheat the grill for approximately 5 minutes with the top closed. Place the salmon on the grill, close the top, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. The internal temperature of the fish should be 145°F.
- Serve the salmon with your favorite sides. Grilled corn on the cob or grilled corn salsa is a nice accompaniment.
Foreman Grill Hot Dogs Recipe
Grilling hot dogs on your Foreman Grill couldn’t be easier. If your hot dogs are frozen, make sure to defrost as frozen hot dogs will take too long.
Preheat your Foreman Grill for at least 5 minutes with the lid closed. Use “high” temperature setting if you have it. Place as many hot dogs on the grill as desired and close the lid. Most hot dogs are already actually cooked so you can remove them from the grill whenever you wish. Generally you’ll get good grill marks after about 5 minutes. Leave them on for 2 to 3 minutes more and turn during cooking if desired for even grilling marks.
Be sure to serve with fresh buns for best taste!
Grilled Stuffed Bell Peppers
Ingredients for Peppers:
Grilled Stuffed Bell Peppers: Preheat George Foreman Grill for 5 minutes with lid closed. Brush bell peppers with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on grill, cook, turning occasionally, for 8 minutes to 10 minutes or until charred and tender.
Rice Filling: Stir oil with lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper. Stir in dill and green onions. Meanwhile cook instant rice according to package directions.
While rice is still hot, stir in spinach, dressing and olives. Let stand, covered, for 1 minute or until spinach is wilted. Stir in 1/4 cup feta. Spoon bell pepper into halves. Sprinkle with remaining feta. Garnish with dill sprigs and serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Foreman Grill New York Strip Steak Recipe
Pound steak to be 1/2″ – 3/4″ thick with a meat mallet. Place in glass baking dish and add Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, onion powder and rosemary. Let marinate for about an hour in the refrigerator.
Place steak on a plate and pour the marinade over the steak. Use a sharp knife and cut about 10 small slits in the meat and place pieces of the garlic into the slits. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle fresh ground pepper and salt over steak.
Preheat your Foreman Grill for at least 5 minutes with the lid closed. Use high setting if your grill has it. Grill the steak for about 4 minutes to 5 minutes with the lid closed for medium rare.
Other Factors to Consider when Purchasing George Foreman Grill
Here are some shopping guides when investing in the most appropriate George Foreman grill for you:
It is a must to consider what kind of temperature range to search for. A higher range of temperatures simply conveys more opportunities for extreme style of cooking times. Also look into if you prefer something that could heat quickly and capable of spreading heat evenly.
Take in mind that the temperature capabilities of the grill are quite crucial if you are focused on ensuring nice seal of juices or if you’d like to concentrate on blazing.
This precisely indicates the amount of food you could cook at a time. Please be guided that the measurements are more likely in square meters. Fundamentally, the amount of space required would directly rely on your purpose of use; for instance, do you intend to use this for small or large groups?
Sure thing, everyone wants obtain customer protection with the product they purchased. Having a reliable product warranty would make you worry-free and you will be guaranteed that you are not putting your hard-earned money to waste.
Needless to say, this is deemed as a very vital feature for any second to none grill. This helps indicate even and consistent cooking times for the fat to have dissolved off the meat, steak, chicken, timestips, chops and the like. In the same way, this accumulates the oil and fats as the food cooks; as a result, there is no need to deal with mess and it won’t require consuming cooking times and laborious cleanup process.
Some of the accessories that are considered very practical add-ons include safety apparatus, recipe books, weather protectors, cooking equipment and so on.
In addition to this, sometimes they could also include a very convenient digital timer and an easy-to-remove stand. Grills manufactured by George Foreman are generally built with removable plates which are particularly designed by the firm to ensure that every grill can provide the precise fit, make cleaning process quicker and guarantee more convenience of use.
Benefits of using George Foreman Grill
Cleaning the George Foreman Grill Tips
Check if the grill is no longer very hot, put roughly there layers of damp paper towels on the underneath plate and shut the lid- please take note that this must be done while the grill is still warm.
The steam that forms would considerably aid in loosening the char and the food particles. Tidy the grill using soft sponge and gentle soapy water once the grill has fully cooled down.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does George Foreman Grill have temperature control?
It is worth noting that George Foreman grills do not come with control on temperature. This means that your preference on how you cook your meat, fish fillets, fish steaks, veggies, fruits and other foods would largely depend on your decision whether you want it half-cooked, well-done and the like.
How do you keep food from sticking on a George Foreman grill?
Cover the grill plates with durable aluminum foil prior to heating the grill. From there, spray generous amount of oil to the foil to inhibit the food from sticking.
Gently brush the grill plates with cooking oil prior each use. if the grill plates are well-oiled, this would help ward off serious damages and you could effectively prevent various foods from sticking.
Is George Foreman Grill a healthy alternative?
This grill cooks food in a manner that there is no additional fat and they significantly help lessen the amount of dissolved fat surrounding chops, meat, steaks, chicken, timestips and other types of foods. This is a healthier option to consider rather than using skillet or oven preparation.
The cooking method used by George Foreman grill minimizes the overall saturated fat and calories content through simply enabling the unhealthy oil or fats to drain off.
Can you grill onions on a George Foreman?
Yes! Heat the grill and brush with cooking oil or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Gently lay your onions, close the grill and allow cooking times for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Can you cook an egg on a George Foreman grill?
Yes. This grill can be utilized as a griddle. Pre-heat and then spray with olive oil and cook the eggs the usual way. Utilize the drip tray to support the front edge of the grill to make the plates change their slanted position. In this manner, the eggs wouldn’t glide off during cooking times.
Do you flip burgers on George Foreman grill?
Surprisingly, it is unnecessary to flip the burgers when using George Foreman grill. This is because the grill already cooks the top and bottom part all at once.
Can you grill sweet potatoes on a George Foreman?
During grilling times of sweet potatoes using a George Foreman grill, the first thing that needs to be done is to pre-heat the grill. Then, peel and slice the sweet potatoes into thick disks. Consider brushing healthy oils such as canola, vegetable or olive oil, then season it with some herbs or seasoning of your choice.
Afterward, put the sweet potato disks on the grill, close it and then allow cooking times for approximately ten by up to fifteen minutes or till the sweet potatoes became soft.
Ultimately, George Foreman grill is a great choice because this small grill is capable of doing so much more than making burgers. As a matter of fact, this is not merely generally advertised as a very outstanding method to cook or grill meats, steak, chicken breasts, and chops without the fats but also something where you could do plenty of other things with it.
Furthermore, this is an extraordinary meal-making tool particularly to anyone who was not endowed with excellent cooking skills. As you can see, this grill is practical should you be cooking for more than two persons; even so, this won’t do if you intend to use it for larger groups of people.
Essentially, this is designed with a nice cooking area, and built with ceramic plates that guarantee premium cooking times and an effortless cleaning as well. This is also dishwashers-safe. And, as for ease of use and convenience, this is unmatched.
By and large, purchasing a new grill is a worthwhile investment. Sure thing, the price tag is not only the focus here but your goal of cooking sumptuous foods for loved ones or friends and to make each gathering fun-filled, satisfied and worth-remembering. The good news is that you won’t go wrong if you wish to cook good food with your loved ones or friends so long as you are well-aware of how to deal with George Foreman Grill Cooking Times & Temperatures Settings.
Grills manufactured by George Foreman brand are built to perform consistently for many years. Hence, consumers are assured to be able to get the most for their money and own a kind of equipment that you could fully depend on, season after season.
With the product reviews and other detailed information regarding George Foreman grills tackled in this post; it won’t be a pain in the neck anymore to come up with well-contemplated decision.